Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

Hello Peeps!!

Hello all from La Uniòn! This week was fantastic. I also realized that my letters are probably a little boring so I will try to spice things up a bit. This week Elder Palmer and I worked our butts off. Our goal is to get 40 lessons in one week and to keep going up after that and this week we almost got it but not quite! I have been doing tons of contacting. At first it was so scary, but now it's pretty easy. I try to bear my testimony in every lesson because (1) it brings the spirit and (2) it's something that the people cannot argue with because they like to do that sometimes because they're all so Catholic or Evangelico. But that's been good. We sweat a lot...it's kinda gross haha, but I'm bronzeando my piel con todo. (Sun tanned on all my skin)

We had a baptism on Saturday for Hermana Jessica who is the sister of Hermana Mari that I baptized. That was wonderful. This Sunday I am going to baptize Hermano Fabricio who is the nephew of Hermana Lourdes who was baptized like 2 weeks ago. He wants me to do it so that's exciting! I will try to keep you all more up-to-date with our investigators. The family Carcomo is so strong, but still waiting for the divorce and they need money to travel to San Salvador to start the paperwork. Other than that, nobody else is super positive. We're working on finding tons of new investigators. Other than that, we ate tons, we sweated tons, prested a little service and baptized! Today for p-day we went to the beach and played soccer and kickball and that was so fun. It was nice and fresco there. I got so sunburned haha.

In my district it's us, the hermanas who are loca con todo (the sisters who are totally crazy), the Zone Leaders and then Elders Hernandez and Goodman in San Miguel which is about 1 hour away. I love my district. The hermanas are so crazy but Elder Goodman is hilarious and Elder Hernandez is awesome. He's a Chapin which is what they call people from Guatemala. The ZL's are in a trio and it's Elder Mejia from Honduras who is probably the funniest guy on the planet, Elder Barrios who is Chapin and he finishes the mission in June and then Elder Vallecillo from Costa Rica who is the best missionary you'll find. He has been a trainer, DL, ZL and an assistant and he leaves next week which is sad cause he's so cool. I love the mission. It's usually about 110 degrees everyday but that's okay. Also we usually have our lessons outside because it's cooler and there's rarely men home. We like to play human frogger which can be super intense...I'll tell more about that later haha. The people here...so nice. They are so humble and giving, but they think we're just here to talk about the word of God so that can be frustrating...also in the middle of lessons women will just start breastfeeding and that is the worst ever...no personal space or shame here haha. We also had a super great Zone Conference Friday and I learned so much and that I need to include the Lord more because this is His work, not mine. Anyways. I am doing great and the work is moving on here in La Uniòn. Talk to you all next week! I love you all! Behave and make good choices!

Saluuuuud Pues!

Elder Loveless

Best thing that happened this week was the baptism of Hermana Jessica. Worst was probably...I hurt my leg pretty dang bad playing soccer but I'm fine now.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! He sounds so happy! The breastfeeding thing!!! I think we forgot to tell him. Oops! Well now he knows! I love the positive attitude. I can just see him making people laugh all the time with his ridiculous comments!!! Mi mama Es muy gato.

    ReplyDelete