Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 18th, 2016 - Weekly Letter - Transfer Week!

July 18th, 2016 – Weekly Letter

Transfer Week!

Oiiiiiiii!! Mando mis saludos de El Salvador! Espero que todos estàn muy muy bien y portandose bien! This week was awesome. We had changes and out of 8 companionships in the zone, 7 had changes. We met a lot of new people. They also took Elder Goodman's area and moved it to a new zone so I'm really sad because he's gringo and awesome and one of my best friends haha.

Also Happy Birthday to Dad and Zac this week! I got a call from Elder Sabey (Spencer Sabey) and turns out that he's the new Assistant to the President so that's cool. He called me and told me that I'm the new District Leader. So I have lots of responsibilities now, but we’re doing good!

We had some awesome lessons with Adrian and he's reading the Book of Mormon. The only thing is that he didn't go to church yesterday. He said he's gonna go this Sunday and then the 30th we're gonna have his baptism! He was the investigator most prepared that I've taught here. Also we talked with his mom and brother too. His dad died of cancer a couple years ago and they have a rough life, but are very happy people. He's the most positive investigator that we have right now. We are working with members and seeing the fruits of our labors. They are giving us references and inviting us to have lessons in their houses and it's so awesome. Yesterday a family asked us to visit them because there are people where they live that need the gospel. So tonight we're gonna have an FHE with them and their neighbors. They live about 30 minutes away by foot haha. And we have to walk there a lot, but I'm willing to do it to save souls. We reactivated 3 Less-actives so that's awesome.

We also had some funny experiences. A little kid probably about 4 or 5 was 100% naked and had a broom and was singing and playing his 'guitar' in his yard. It was probably the funniest thing I've seen here. Also drunk people are funny and fat people too, but mixed, they're awesome. Yesterday a drunk, fat guy was singing to us and dancing and it was hilarious. We are having success and I love the work. It's always hot, but we walk anyways. Also in our district we got a new ZL- Elder Zùñiga de Costa Rica and Hermana Lopez de Guatemala. In the zone there's a sister that just got transferred from San Salvador and she came to the field with me. We were talking and she told me that the other gringos that came with me and were in the CCM with me are training and I'm so happy for them. Wow…the mission changes people. Anyways, we're all good here and working our butts off so that we can baptize! The goal of the ward is to have a full ward and a separate branch by November so we're working so hard. I love the work, my compa, my area, Presidente Vàsquez and the Lord. I hope all is well and I'll talk to you all next week! Have a great week and I love you all!!

Saluuuuuuuuuuuuuu Pues!!

-Elder Loveless

Best and Worst of the past week:
Best: Members are helping!   Worst: I think I have a sinus infection!

Packages/Letters:
None this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment