Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

November 28th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

Being a missionary is great!

Hey family! Happy Thanksgiving this past week! I hope all is well in your fun places.

This week was really good. We had a lot of time in the area which is super nice because there's a lot of work to do. The Family Benitez is awesome. We had 3 lessons with them this last week and I had the 1st lesson where I cried. That was intense haha. But the Spirit was so strong and Melany and Luis went to mutual on Thursday. The mom, Sandra, one week has Saturday and Sunday off then the next week Thursday and Friday. This week she is gonna go with her kids to mutual. They accepted baptismal dates for the 24th of December. They are really so cool.

Hermano Oscar went to church again and is really getting a lot happier. He likes going to church and we taught him how to pray and he's doing so good. We're really working with him on reading the LDM. He has a date for the 17th of December.

Other than that, we did a lot of contacting. The people here are not super receptive..it's a lot harder to have lessons because the people here don't have time or things like that.

On Thursday, Thanksgiving, we had some fun. We were thinking of families we could call to give us dinner (; and Elder Togisala and I are the only Americans in the house and we wanted food so bad. So he called a family that lived in the states for a long time and knows what Thanksgiving is and asked if we could join them for dinner. Elder Togisala called and said that we're so grateful for them and then asked and they said yes! So we went there and ate a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner:  turkey, bread, mashed potatoes and creme soda. It was awesome. I was so happy. (I will send pics don't worry.)

Saturday we had emergency changes and Elder Segura came here to be in trio with us. He's kinda a punk...but it's fine. He's from Argentina.

We're working super hard and on Thursday I will be able to take my driver's test so I'm studying like crazy so I don't fail again...like they all say, third time's the charm! This week we have interviews with Presidente and Leadership council on Friday. It'll be busy, but super good. I really am enjoying it. I also hit 10 months yesterday! In my studies I learned a lot about miracles and the Holy Ghost which is cool!

Thanks for everything and I hope you all have such a great week. I love you all!
Saluuuu Pues!
Con Mucho Amor, Elder Loveless

P.S.  Also, yes we felt the earthquake pretty strongly, but everyone's okay!

Best and Worst of the Past Week:
Best-We got to work in our area all week!
Worst- The mission has lots of work to do...But we can do it!!

Letters and/or Packages:
I got a package from Gma Val.

No comments:

Post a Comment