Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Weekly Letter - February 23rd, 2016 - Bautismo por Fuego

Bautismo por Fuego – Weekly Letter – February 23rd, 2016

This week was so great! On Wednesday of last week we got a new batch of Nortes and there are 3 hermanas from Utah and one elder from North Carolina and it´s kinda funny since he has such a strong accent. We got haircuts so that was cool. So things here are kinda unorganized and we actually only have 6 weeks and another district has to stay for 7 so that´s funny. I also bought a super cool Real Madrid soccer jersey so that´s cool. Thursday we learned more how to teach the Doctrine of Christ. Friday we took an oral Spanish test then we got a new District Leader who is my comp Elder Huber. During personal study I prayed super hard for some inspiration and I got some. I read in Luke 15 about the prodigal son and it´s such a good chapter. Jesus (like the father) is always waiting for us to return with His arms outstretched no matter what we´ve done. Saturday we studied for a long time then we taught a new investigator. I also finished 1 Nefí in Español so that´s cool!

Sunday was the best day of this week. In district class and sacerdocio I didn´t feel the Spirit so I was upset. In the CCM I literally feel the Spirit every day multiple times. I was upset that I wasn´t feeling it. There have been times in my life where I´ve gone for months w/o feeling the Spirit so it´s very important to me to feel it always. I prayed so hard in Sacrament Meeting that I would feel the Spirit and I was repenting for whatever I had done to have that happen. After, during the very first talk, I felt the Spirit so strongly and for the rest of the meeting and day. After lunch we learned about the Doctrina de Cristo and temples then we watched some talks from Elder Holland which were about the Atonement which were so good. “Missionary work is not easy because eternal life is not easy. Jesus atoning for us was not easy.” Missionary work is hard, I can testify of that. But it is worth it.

Monday we took another Rama foto then we learned how the LDM is used in conversion. We also taught lots of investigators. Yesterday was so good too. One of the hermanas is struggling with the language and asked us for a blessing and since Elder Huber is DL we asked the ZL who asked Presidente and he said yes. The ZL gave the blessing de consuelo in Spanish and the Spirit was so strong. After dinner we had another Elder Holland devotional. He is so cool. One thing I loved was “be persistent”. Even if we don´t speak the language well, the Spirit is the universal language. After, we had probably one of the strongest district meetings. I love my district.

During personal study, I made a scripture chain about hope. It starts in Matthew 11:28-30 then to Alma 24:10 and others I forgot. I have it written down so I´ll share that next week. Today we went to the temple and it was so good. After the session, we were sitting in the Celestial room and I opened the scriptures to D&C 76 which is about the kingdoms of glory and while sitting in the Celestial room I read about its glory. Dang I wanna go there. Well that´s all! I pray for you every night and I love you all!

Yo sé que esta obra es la obra de Dios. Es la obra de salvación. Yo sé que Dios y Jesucristo viven y Ellos nos aman y nos conocen personalmente. José smith fue una profeta de Dios y restauró la iglesia a la tierra otra vez. Esta iglesia es la verdadera iglesia de Jesucristo en la tierra hoy. Yo testificó que el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios y es verdadero. Lo fue tradujo por medio de José Smith. Thomas S. Monson es el profeta de Dios hoy. Escuchen a sus palabras. Yo testificó de la Expiación de Jesucristo es el mejor regalo de Dios. Yo he salvado por medio los méritos de Jesucristo y su misericordia. Lo tiene la poder para sanar nosotros. La obra de Dios no es fácil porque salvación no es fácil! La Expiación no fue fácil! Pero es la obra de Dios y lo será traer a todas las personas en el mundo. Jesucristo es mi Salvador y sus también. El quiere ayudarles. Yo digo estas cosas en el nombre de mi Salvador y Redentor Jesucristo, Amen.

I love you all!!

- Elder Loveless

**Presidente Lloyd is the in the Branch presidency. Presidente Morris is president of the CCM. They're different. My comp is from Idaho and is a cowboy. We get along really well. The others in my District are all super cool. They all have such strong testimonies.
** The best was Sunday and the worst was...hmmm...just it seems like the CCM is forever haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment