Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28th, 2016 - Weekly Letter - Semana Santa

Semana Santa!!
March 28, 2016 – Weekly Letter

Hello everyone!!

This week was a good one, but it sure was hard! Monday...well you all know how that went...Tuesday we set a couple of fechas with investigators so that was good! This week was so hard to get lessons because it was the Semana Santa which is like the huge Catholic celebration for Easter week. Nobody works and nobody has school so they're all down at the playas so it was so hard to catch people at home.

Wednesday we had a district meeting which was really good. We only taught like 4 lessons because everyone was gone!! Thursday was so good. We woke up at 3:45 a.m. and took pila showers...Ugh.  I hate pila showers. It's because the water shuts off at 8 p.m. and doesn't turn on until like 6 a.m. We all met at the church at 5:30 a.m. and we went to San Salvador to go to the temple with our investigators! Man that was great. They loved it and that temple is gorgeous. It was an activity for the whole mission so other elders and sisters did plays and skit things to explain doctrinal principles. We got home at like 7 p.m. We spent about 8 hours on a bus...but it was so worth it!

Friday we visited some families like normal then for lunch Hermana Bartola gave us so much food it could've fed 15 hermanas. I have no clue how I was able to walk after that...wow. We set a date with Hermana Mari's sister (she's the hermana I baptized) and yesterday we set a date with her other sister so that was good! Saturday we had only like 2 lessons up until 5 p.m. when we had a baptism for the hermanas area. After, we met with one other family so that's good.

Yesterday was so good too. We had the baptism of Hermana Lourdes and my companion baptized her. She's so strong so that was good. Church was good then after we were talking during our studies and were talking about how we can find new investigators to teach. It's hard cause everyone's catholic!! We decided to talk with everyone and so we did. The first guy we talked with let us in and we set a date with him for a baptism. He is pure gold. He is so good. It's just a testimony to me to have faith and act on it and God will do his part. I was super sick yesterday and that was awful, but if you forget about yourself and teach, the Lord will bless you. We're teaching this family called the famliy Carcomo. They are sooo good. He was married before so in order to be baptized, he has to divorce then re-marry with his new wife. But they desire so strongly to be baptized. Man they're awesome. So that was my week!!

Now I'll tell more about my area. It's hot. It's pretty in some parts. It's not too dangerous. The gangs don't hang out down here too often. Personal space does not exist. People always stare at us cause we're 2 huge white guys...everyone here is nice to us though. My companion is from Blanding, Utah. He has 10 months in the field. He played football and basketball and he's a big dude. We like to joke around a lot haha. We say stuff in English how it would translate from Spanish and I just laugh because they're so ridiculous. Like, if you like someone, in Spanish you fall well with them. And to ask whose turn it is you ask who does it touch? It's pretty hilarious. Our house is a bright pink with a blue gate and blue doors haha. We have a little mini fridge, our study room (which has AC) then our bedroom, a kitchen and a pila room. I love the pila. It's like a tub of water where you wash dishes and stuff...hard to explain but I love it except to take pila showers. Also the cockroaches like the pila too. I have killed so many of them. I use this cool white metal rod thing to smash them. I'm super good at it. Also random… I saw some random wild pigs walking down the road the other day...this place is wild. But yeah, it's fairly safe here and very catholic and there are lots of drunk guys and they're so hilarious. And oh man, the paper delivery guy here is SOOOO annoying. He walks up and down the streets yelling yeee yee yeeeeeee in this high pitch voice. Oh man, I wanna strangle him. But life is good. I'm adjusting to the mission life so that's good. I realized that the days go by so fast and there's not enough time to do this work!! So because of that, we have to work so hard every day. I hope all is well at home! I'll talk to you all next week! I love you all!!

Elder Loveless

Saluuuuuuud Pues!

Best and worst of the week:  Worst-getting sick. Best-baptism of Sister Lourdes!

No comments:

Post a Comment