Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

June 13th, 2016 – Weekly Letter

Viajes con todo!!!
(Lots of traveling)

Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Cheros y amigos in your small places,

This letter is gonna be short, but here it goes. This week was tough. The Lord is really testing us. We traveled a lot so we didn't have tons of time to work in the area. We had Zone Conference which was awesome and then Thursday we had to go to San Salvador to do immigration for my companion so that was 8 hours in a bus and we had to wake up at 2:45 am. Friday was awesome. We had interviews with Presidente Vàsquez and that was sooooo good. I talked to him about everything and he helped me so much. He told me to read Alma 8 and I invite you all to read it as well. It's Alma preaching and he basically converts an entire city (Melek) then travels 3 days....3 DAYS to the city of Ammonihah where “Satan had a strong grasp on their hearts”. Because they were not of the faith of Alma, they wouldn't listen. They rejected him and spit upon him and all that stuff. He left and was lamenting because all of these people where gonna die and suffer and wouldn't have their salvation. An angel appeared to him and told him to go back and to teach again and he did, except he entered from the south side where he found Amulek who was his awesome companion from then on. I feel like Alma where I feel like I've done my part, but all we get is rejection...I need to return and preach again. Missionary work is not easy one bit. I love it with all of my heart. I have finally learned what missionary work is and I'm dedicated to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. The family Melendez told us they don't wanna go to church anymore and that was heartbreaking. On the bright side, Stefany (Sister of Hna Mari y Jessica) is gonna get baptized this Saturday! We are doing good and working hard. I am relying on the Lord con todo and the Atonement because the Atonement isn't just for sins; it's to help our shortcomings and our afflictions. I also studied the Priesthood sooooooo good and that was awesome. I love the scriptures and being a missionary. It's the best and most rewarding work that there is.

I wish you all a great week and I'll talk to you all next week! I love you all!!!

Saluuuuuu Pues!

-Elder Loveless

Best and Worst of the Week:
Best…Interviews with President! Worst…Family Melendez doesn't want to talk with us anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment