Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

June 27th, 2016 – Weekly Letter
New Week!

Oiiiiii friends and family in all the places of the world. Saludos de El Salvador! This week was good, but really rough. Every single one of our baptismal dates fell...we are literally starting from ground 0. The training of my companion is going good! I can understand him now so we're making progress! Training can be and is super stressful. He's learning super fast so that's good!

We spent this entire week contacting without success. We have very few investigators let alone investigators who are progressing. Just the family Carcamo and they're still waiting for the divorce. We are relying on the Lord 100%.The members here don't want to help so we are spending a lot of time visiting them to serve and gain their trust so that they can help and have desires to help. Today we are going to have a Noche de Hogar (FHE) with the Familia Flores-Diaz which is a member family so that'll be good!! This week there was a job fair Friday in the church and we received about 20 referencias that we need to contact so that was really good. Saturday, Elder Ortega was sick so I babysat him in the ZL's house and my companion left with Elder Mejia to work in their area. The ZL's and hermanas each had 2 baptisms this past Saturday and the Hermanas will have 2 more this Sunday.

Like I said, we are basically starting from ground 0 and I spent more time on my knees this week than on my feet. I really have learned the meaning of the word Humility- to rely 100% on the Lord. I prayed a lot for comfort and guidance and a scripture came to my mind. I'm pretty sure it's Psalms 46:10 that says 'be still and know that I am God.' Wow. The Lord answers prayers and directs His work. This next week we are gonna put dates like crazy and at least baptize 1 in July!

I got the package from the family and I love everything in it! Especially the food!!! So thanks!! All is good here in La Uniòn!

Have a great week and always pray and real the BOM! God lives and answers prayers. I testify of that! I love you all and I'll talk to you all next week!

Saluuuuuu Pues!!

-Elder Loveless

Best and Worst of the Week:
Best: Lots of revelation
Worst: all of our baptismal dates fell through

No comments:

Post a Comment