Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6th, 2016 - Weekly Letter - Changes Week!!!

June 6th, 2016 – Weekly Letter – Changes Week!!!

Hello everyone! Saludos from El Salvador!! 

This week was...tough I guess. But good. Monday was crazy. We ran around to everyone and said goodbye for Elder Palmer and I won't lie, tears were shed. That was sad. After that we packed him up and we got on a bus to San Miguel. We said goodbye just like that and he left with 2 other missionaries and I left with the ZL's in San Miguel. I slept there, then Tuesday I woke up at 3:15 a.m. to be on a bus to San Salvador by 4. I rode there with Elder Eve who is also a trainer this change. It was a 3 hour bus ride there.  The Assistants picked us up and took us to president's house for the trainer's meeting which was AWESOME!! There were only 5 trainers and 5 new missionaries. After the meeting, the newbies came in and we got our new companions. As soon as my companion walked in, I felt the spirit soooo strongly. 

My companion's name is Elder Arirama. He's de Peru and his accent is kinda hard to understand so I get frustrated a lot because I feel like I can't help him...That night we slept with the secretaries and the next morning at 9 we were on a bus to La Uniòn. Thursday we worked like normal and Thursday was such a good day. I felt the spirit in literally every lesson that we had. Friday was the same. Also Friday, Saturday, yesterday and today it has rained nonstop. It's pretty miserable to proselyte in the rain, but this is what I signed up for (: 

Yesterday was a bummer day. Rejection after rejection after rejection and also Fam Melendez didn't go to church because of the rain. We visited them and they told us they didn't want to be baptized anymore...WHAT!?!? Ahh super bummer...they were so positive...but we will still keep meeting with them to keep them animated want to baptize themselves again. 

Anyways, my companion is awesome. He loves to learn and to work and we're gonna work so hard this change. I feel inadequate to be a trainer with my very little experience…but I know that the Atonement is there to help me with that...I've been praying a lot and stressing too...I can't understand my companion a lot but we're working it out…learning together. There's a reason the Lord chose me to train so I'm gonna work really hard. We get along really well and he likes to have fun and joke so that's fun. 

Also Elder Palmer is a Zone Leader In Cojutepeque!!! I'm so excited for him. All is well here in La Uniòn and we will work so hard this week!! Also something in the trainer’s meeting the President said is that trainers are the most important leadership position in the mission. God sends his best to the front lines so I will be relying a lot on His Atonement to help me through this. Thanks for everything!! I love you all and Press Forward Saints, In Steadfast Faith in Christ!!  

Saluuuuu Pues!

- Elder Loveless


Best and Worst of the Week:
Worst…it has been raining for 4 days straight,  Best...New companion!!!

Elder Loveless received a letter from Grandma Barbara and Elder Kaylon Draney this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment