Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

Cambios!!!

Hello everyone!! This week was a little bit crazy. And by a little bit, I mean a lot a bit. Monday I got a call saying that I would be leaving La Unión. I was a little sad because it's my first area and all and the people are so great...but it's all good. Tuesday I said bye to everyone. That was sad...  Also so every time there are changes, I've always seemed to get strange calls...and that pattern continues. Except this time it was from The Man himself- Presidente Vásquez. He called me to tell me that I was going to be a Zone Leader!! That was a very unexpected call. Wednesday Elder Butler and I went to San Miguel and had changes.  He went back with Elder Jimenez and I am now in Departamento Usulután, Zona Usulután, Ciudad (city) de Usulután. We are fairly close to the ocean again so it's still pretty humid here. The people are great and the worst here is so good. My new companion is Elder Dunkle from Vermont. He's been a Zone Leader for a very very long time and has 20 months in the mission so he has a lot of experience. He's a really hard worker and a super great guy.

Thursday was day 1 in Usulután. People here are crazy...we met a lady who was 107 and was flirting hardcore with us...interesting.. But that day was good and it was mainly so I could meet the investigators and the ones with baptismal dates. We have a lot of investigators and about 14 have church asistences. I was happy to see that.

Friday was Consejo de Líderes or Leadership Council, at Presidente´s house in San Salvador so we woke up at 3:15 and then when we arrived, we ate McDonald´s. I got to see a ton of my buddies there. It´s for all the ZL's Hermana Leaders, and Asistents. That was a very good conference.

Saturday we had District meeting and that was good. We worked hard and had 2 baptismal interviews done.

Yesterday we had 8 investigators at church and 1 baptism so that was cool. Her name is Stefany and she's 16. We'll have 2 more baptisms this week! We have a lot of really really good investigators and we're super excited for this new change.

Being a Zone Leader is crazy So many more responsibilities and in the Zone there are 6 companionships. I've never been more tired in all of my life, but don't worry, we're happy, healthy and working super hard!

I love you all and wish you all such a fantastic week. I'll talk to you next week! I love you all!

Saluuu pues!!  ¡Viva El Salvador!  Zona Usulután!!

-Elder Loveless


Best and Worst of the past week:
Worst...I don't know if there was. I'll miss La Unión.
Best...I had changes and now I'm a Zone Leader!!

Letters and/or Packages:
Package from the family and it had candy in it! and peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment