Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

October 17th, 2016 - Weekly Letter

A whole lotta LOCO!!

Hey everyone! Saludos de Usulután: Land of craziness. This week was crazy. We're working our butts off. I came back to the house every night absolutely exhausted. The zone is a little rough because this zone is very new. It just was opened last change so we're still learning how to balance everything and I'm still learning the craziness that it is to be a zone leader.

We have a ton of baptisms set up for this month, but a ton of work to do so that they follow through. We brought 11 investigators to church yesterday so we've gotta better that and bring more!

We had a multi-zona with Presidente and Hermana Vásquez and the asistentes and that was really good. We learned a lot about how to have a better attitude like when we were new missionaries and nothing could stop our ánimo and we wanted to baptize everyone. It really helped me out a lot.

We had a family of 3, Fam Garcia, pass their baptismal interviews so we just gotta get them married so they can be baptized. They're so awesome and the kid, Brian, wants me to baptize him so I'm pretty stoked (:

It rained a ton and we were pretty much walking through water up to our knees. We ate really good and this week I really learned a ton about love and service. My companion has taught me that we need to express our love for the investigators and also always be reminding them how much God loves them. Also yesterday we had a good spiritual/ funny experience. We made a daily zone goal to invite every person in a green shirt to baptism. We were in a lesson and we were doing the closing prayer when it just hit us both so hard that the dad was wearing a green shirt. My companion was so funny about it and said that the spirit gave him revelation that he needed to invite the dad to baptism and he and the whole family of 4 accepted dates for the 26 of Nov. It was funny, but also really cool.

I love feeling the Spirit and being a missionary, we get to do that always. The kid that was gonna get baptized yesterday pretty much just disappeared...his dad that doesn't live there just showed up the day before the baptism and took him...that was interesting. Also Usulután is literally the craziest place ever. People here are literally the craziest, weirdest people ever. But it keeps me laughing baha. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord!  I know this is His work and the Spirit is the key to EVERYTHING!   I love you all and hope you all have a great week. I'll talk to you next week!

Saluuu Pues!

Elder Loveless

Best and Worst of the Week:
Best- We worked so hard and I've never been more exhausted in all of my life.
Worst- The kid we were gonna baptize kinda disappeared...

Letters and/or Packages:
This week I finally received the drive with the music on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment