Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6th, 2017 - Weekly Letter

February 6th, 2017 - Weekly Letter

Semana de los Cambios!!! (Change Week)

Hey everyone! This week was absolutely crazy. Five missionaries went home this week for health problems and we were busy picking up missionaries from the bus terminal and leaving them in other terminals and lots of crazy things. We weren't able to work a whole lot in the area because of that, but the little time that we did have, we took advantage of.

We had some great lessons with the Familia Perez and they are so good. They read the pamphlet of The Restoration and basically taught us the lesson. We also put baptismal dates with them for the 11 of Marzo (March). They couldn't come to church this week, but they own their own business and are thinking that they won't work this next Sunday so that they can come to church! They're awesome. We are going to teach them about Obeying the Sabbath Day so that we can commit them to church.

Familia Bautista is awesome. They're receiving answers slowly, but surely. They also couldn't go to church because Camila was sick and Katherine was studying. Also Katherine is basically the Salvadoreña twin of Emma. She's so awesome haha. They're always reading the BOM and praying and we taught them really well the Day of Rest yesterday with Angelito and Fatima who are members that are super good friends with Fam Bautista. They committed to go to church this Sunday.

We had the worldwide missionary broadcast and I loved it.  Elder Bednar is an inspired man. He talked about how these 5 principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ aren't a checklist. They're meant to be put in practice and be lived for all of our lives. We need to focus on repentance and helping our investigators to depend on Christ and not us. It was such a wonderful broadcast and I really learned so much from the leaders of the church.

This week are the changes. My companion Elder Arango has changes and is going to be a ZL in San Miguel. I'll be receiving and training an assistant, Elder Eve who has the same time as me and is from the Dominican Republic. I'm super excited. We'll be busy this week with changes and with Leadership counsel so that'll be fun. All is well here in San Salvador, Las Americas II.

I know this is the true church of God and the only church that has his authority. He lives and loves us as does His son Jesus Christ. This is His work and it's the best and most satisfactory work in all of the world. I love Him. I love His son. I love Presidente and Hermana Vásquez. I love my companion. I love El Salvador. I love the pupusas. I love watching how the Holy Spirit changes lives and how the Atonement changes the nature of the people. Joseph Smith was a prophet and President Monson is His prophet today. I know that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God as is the Bible. We come to know Them more as we read and study the scriptures. I love you all and thanks for all your love and support. Have a fantastic week!

Con mucho amor y cariño, (With much love and affection)
Elder Loveless


Best and Worst of the Previous Week:
Best-Confirmation of Hna Sandra.
Worst-5 missionaries went home!

Letters and/or Packages:
Letter from Momma!  And my hump day package!

No comments:

Post a Comment