Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30th, 2016 - Weekly

May 30, 2016 – Weekly Letter

CRAZY WEEK!!!

Well hello everyone. Greetings from La Uniòn, El Salvador! This week was full of crazzy things. Monday up until Saturday was relatively slow. We worked our butts off to prepare people to be baptized in July. Tuesday we taught Fam Melèndez the law of chastity and that was very...weird. We taught the mom, the 14 year old daughter, 9 year old and 8 year old and well...yeah I'm glad that's over haha. But they went to church again yesterday!! I know they’re gonna get baptized!! She just needs to get married and stop drinking coffee. Saturday was awesome!!! Norma and Christopher got baptized!!!!!! And Hermano Rodrigo (Hno Solis) got to baptize them! That was so awesome. Yesterday they were confirmed and I am so happy for them. We went to their house and Hna Norma pretty much told us her conversion story and it was so awesome. She's been listening to the missionaries for 3 years now and she said that Elder Palmer and I are so humble and that stuff we said really opened her heart. She is a true miracle. She told us that she lied about drinking coffee but we were awfully persistent about her getting baptized and she said the whole week of her baptism everything she read, saw or heard had to do with baptism and she knew she had to do it. That was awesome. And last night we got the changes call. Elder Palmer is leaving which is super sad. I got a call this morning from the assistants and Elder Lauro told me that I'm gonna be a trainer!!! I am literally scared out of my mind. So Elder Palmer has to pack today and tomorrow.  I have to go to San Salvador to presidentes house for a trainer’s meeting. We are leaving tonight to sleep in San Miguel. I'm so excited but freaking out like mad. It was a great week!! I love you all and I'll talk to you next week! Portense Bien!!!

Saluuuuuu Pues!!

-Elder Loveless

Best and Worst of the Week:  Best: Baptisms of Hna Norma y Christopher!! Worst: Elder Palmer is leaving me

No comments:

Post a Comment